Following the process of these 8 steps will help lead you to success in your home buying journey:
1. Property Searches/Real Estate Portal
- You should have a portal already but if you don’t for some reason, please let us know and your agent will set it up asap!
- Viewing Properties
- If you see a home you are interested in please let us know and we can provide more information for you and if you want we can set up a showing of the house! We do recommend that you do a drive-by of the property first to see if you like the area and if it is a “fit”.
Go ahead and “like” properties in the listing portal, that way we can see what interests you, and this can help us in assisting you with finding the perfect property.
- Submitting An Offer
- The team member you are working with will help you through the process of submitting an offer, they will be able to answer all your questions along the way.
- There can be a lot of back of forth figuring out the fine details once you have submitted an offer and our team has the experience to guide you through this process.
- Accepted Offer
- Yay! Once your offer is accepted our team will make sure you get copies of all the correct paperwork and that you know what you need to do to remove the conditions on your purchase. You will have access to all of your documents digitally from our Transaction Coordinator.
- Buyer’s Due Diligence
- Now what? Between the time from when your offer is accepted until you remove your conditions, you will need to talk to your mortgage lender, set up inspections, get advice from professionals (such as a lawyer) when needed, etc. We will help you navigate this process.
- Subject Removals
- Once you are ready to remove your conditions and go unconditional on your purchase there will be paperwork to sign (subject removals) and you will need to provide a deposit cheque. Our team will make sure you are aware of these dates and deadlines as we go.
- This is the phase where we let our office know who you will be using for a lawyer for the completion of our sale and the paperwork gets sent over. We will be in touch throughout this process and come Completion days we will meet you with the keys for your new purchase!